It’s that time of year for pulling out those beloved family recipes. This is a family favorite, not only because of the seasonal deliciousness of pumpkin and spices, but because it’s quick and easy to prepare! All you need is a bowl, spoon and pans for baking – and having some kids around who can just pour and stir is a bonus. With holiday gatherings approaching, this recipe is a plus as it makes TWO loaves – so you can enjoy one and freeze the other.
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- (1) 16 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour (2) 5x9x3-inch loaf pans
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and baking powder.
- Add pumpkin, oil, eggs and nuts to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes clean.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Wrap in plastic, then aluminum foil and store in refrigerator or may also be frozen for later use.